Our fans have been wondering how to best counter Snorlax during Team Rocket stop battles. We have compiled a list of encounter sequences that a Snorlax would come up in battle and how to win against the Snorlax, the Shadow Pokemon. A quick search online would tell you that Fighting-type Pokemon are Snorlax’s weakness, however, in Team Rocket Battles, this isn’t always true.
Battle prompt by male Team Rocket Grunt: “Normal doesn’t mean weak.” will sequence Rattata, Raticate, Snorlax.
Female Team Rocket Grunt: “Don’t bother, I’ve already won!” or “Get ready to be defeated!” will sequence one of the following lineups:
1. Snorlax, Snorlax, Snorlax
2. Snorlax, Poliwrath, Dragonite
3. Snorlax, Gardevior, Gyrados
In an ultra-rare sequence that you encounter three Snorlaxs in a row, the following is a list of considerations and counters that are the most effective counters for Team Rocket Snorlax:
- Tyranitar with Smack Down / Crunch
- Dialga with Dragon Breath / Draco Meteor
- Metagross with Meteor Mash
- Ursaring with Fighting moves (against a Snorlax with Lick especially)
- Dragonite with Dragon-type move set
- Lucario with Counter / Flash Cannon